So not long ago I did a post about 14 fun Syracuse based ideas to help if you were looking for some fun ideas. Well what about the Syracuse fan who maybe doesn’t live in the area anymore or most of those ideas didn’t appeal to him? With only a few days left before the 14th, I figured I would find 14 more unique gifts just in case that person has all the t-shirts and tickets they need. I am by no means endorsing any items or stores but these are just found items I have seen or found searching the interwebs.
14) Syracuse Pocket Watch: Seeing this is what sparked the idea in my head so I wanted to start with it. I had a pocket watch once and loved it but sadly I am rough on things I use daily. However, if you think this would be a fun idea or maybe they want to be the Syracuse Orange version of Sheldon, I have two links for you. Here is a silver one for $42.50 and here is the gold one for $49.95.
13) A Syracuse Fedora: From my Twitter friends at HonourSyracuse, I bring to you the Syracuse Fedora. Now they have a few selections but this one was my favourite.
The cost is 29.99 and heck yes, I would definitely rock one of these on game days. Here is the link to purchase this and many other awesome Syracuse items.
12) Orange Mesh Dog Jersey: Do they like to dress up their pet and you want to see that pet at least in Orange? Check out this from fun jersey at Manny’s. Priced at 24.98, this could be a fun item if you want to show you care about their pet and it comes in various sizes.
11) Syracuse Orangemen Poncho: Yes, I did not write that incorrectly, it is an old school poncho that says Syracuse Orangemen on it and was before Otto. I found it on Ebay and it comes only in large (and noted as used as well) but this is definitely a unique item. I do not see a “Buy Now” tab so you will have to bid for it but here is the link if you’re interested.
10) Syracuse Orange Cooling Towel: Remember watching that Syracuse-Duke game and you were sweating it out? Check out this item on the Fanatic’s website and you can truly feel more like you’re a part of the team (or bring out your inner Cam Newton) with this beauty.
9) Game day Bib Overalls: If you follow NunesMagician on Twitter, you’ve probably seen this already and must know I had to include it. If not, why in the heck are you not following the top Syracuse Orange blog in the world? FOR SHAME! You can purchase this attention getting item on the ACC Team Fan Shop here.
8) Carrier Dome Wood Replica: If you’re worried they will eventually tear down the Dome for a new arena, here is a great keepsake you can have around to show future generations what the best darn sports arena truly was. I found it at the Syracuse Bookstore website and the description is vague but this item is only 19.99 so I am not sure how it truly is. I think this would be a fun addition to any Syracuse “Man-cave”. Here is the link in case I peaked your interest: Interest peaked!
7) Syracuse Otto Foamhead: Some people like me tend to enjoy maybe occasionally going over the top with our love for all things Syracuse and for that person in your life who does, I present this “hat”. This item is reportedly only $10 and if they have a few buddies they tailgate with that have similar tastes, you can order a case for only $40.
6) Syracuse Basketball Court Rug: For the
low, low price of $109, you can purchase this area rug. According to the description, this rug is 3’10″ x 5’4″ but just think, you can have a mini-court on your floor (or hanging from your wall if you choose).
5) Syracuse Orange Bow Pigtail Holder: Does someone in your life have long hair and hate wearing hats? This is a fun way for them to fit in without messing up their hair and keep it tight. You can get two for $8.36 but as of this post, there are only 7 remaining so if you like this, you may want to grab it up before the other 10 people who visit this blog beat you to it. :)
4) Orange Papasan Chair: Now this one is not a SU item but it is Orange and for sale via Craiglist in Syracuse and I liked it so this chair made the chair list…plus it’s only $10!!!! The lister only says they are in Syracuse and I doubt they will ship it so you better be either in the area or willing to drive for it.
Please keep in mind that this is an item on Craigslist so proceed with caution if you are interested. I have done several transactions using this site and with the only issue being emails wanting me to practically give the stuff away but always plan carefully if meeting someone.
3) Syracuse University Peel & Stick Giant Wall Decals: Want a wall decal but not wanting to pay the expensive prices some will charge you? Check out these 18×40 wall decals of the block “S” and the fuzzy version of Otto. I have never ordered anything from Allposters.com & there are only 2 comments but both are favorable so they should be decent additions to any wall whether in your dorm, your child’s room or your game room.
If they do like drinking but prefer craft beers with a Syracuse connection, I also recommend following another Twitter friend Tori who works for Bell’s Brewery which was just named a top 5 brewery by RateBeer.com and has some fun recommendations for that special Syracuse occasion (trust me, she knows her craft) or Tim Butler who works for Empire Brewing, which is a place I always enjoy visiting when I am home and he also is a part of the weekly K-Rock Beer Friday segments.
1) Syracuse Vs. Duke Panoramic Photo: Looking for a fun way to remember that scene of 35,466 fans packed into the Carrier Dome to witness that historic game? Manny’s has this panoramic photo for sale for only $29.98. It does not ship until 2/12 but this is definitely a great memory sake for the Syracuse fan in your life. Need a reminder of why? Check out this behind the scenes look at that date in Syracuse basketball history: