This may not be an original idea but yesterday during a conversation on Twitter, someone mentioned how my envy over a certain situation could be something to add to my personal bucket list and I agreed. Today I plan to not only share that bucket list item but give you a full list of items I would add. Some items may shock you but what fun would it be if they were all predictable.
I have to say that a year ago this list would look completely different but thanks to some awesome friends and family, many of those pertaining to Syracuse University were worked out and I can’t say again how truly thankful that I am for those experiences. This list is not being ungrateful and if death came tomorrow, I would be more than content with my life but these are experiences I would love if I had the chance. Here is my list but feel free to comment and add yours (I might actually realized I missed something I want to add). So behold, my Syracuse bucket list:
- Let me start off with the idea that got my creative juices flowing but also expand on it. I would love to spend a day a full day in Armory Square. First I would get a massage around lunchtime at Armory Massage of course (which yes, is the idea that sparked the whole post). And then after the great massage experience, I would enjoy the area, maybe take in some yoga with some of my Syracuse Twitter friends and then find a place to eat that is showing the Brent Axe show, followed by some bar hopping and maybe a nice show at the Landmark if something interesting is going on.
- While we are discussing places I have not tried, I have a few places I have NEVER eaten at that may surprise some when they learn how much I love Syracuse but it is true. Those places include Mother’s Cupboard, Dinosaur BBQ, Heid’s (I usually do Hoffman’s Hot Haus but never to my knowledge been to Heid’s), and a couple places on the newer side I keep hearing great things about in Coppertop Tavern (owned by the same people who brought you the masterpiece known as Tully’s) and Empire Brewing Company. Feel free to mock…NOW! To be fair, my time and budget are limited when I return and it is not easy to fit in things during a short visit when you want to experience the things you already love.
- Take a tour of The Score 1260 studios. I think it would be fun to see how things work on a show that you listen to or watch often. I would also include Bridge Street which I have watched over the years no matter the host and enjoyed the local flavor.
- Attend a Crunch game with family. I have cousins who are season ticket holders and it would be fun to be there with them and maybe others as well.
- Experience a SU football game day in full. Start off with the band on campus, walk to the Dome, cheer until I hopefully lose my voice (seats behind the bench would be on another level of awesome), and then go to Varsity for the banner flip after a great win. I have attended a football game in my youth and recently did the Spring Game (which I enjoyed a lot) but I would love to do the full game experience and witness Syracuse tradition at it’s best. If you need tickets, you can see what packages or tickets there have available here.
- Purchase an orange laptop. I do not have a functioning laptop right now but how awesome would it be to have an orange one next time I am able to purchase one? No, I do not think my Orange obsession is crazy at all…my mother had me tested.
- Have a picture taken with my daughter, my granddaughter and Otto, which would forever be the greatest computer background EVER!!!
- And while discussing two of my favorite girls in the world, I would also enjoy taking them downtown Syracuse when my granddaughter gets older and teach her how to ice skate. I am fairly average but the idea of my two girls in downtown Syracuse spending quality time with them could make this my top choice to try one day.
- I have been very blessed thanks to the generosity of some of my friends so as payback, I would LOVE the chance to help one of my Syracuse friends scratch an item off their personal bucket list. Sometimes the best joys in life is seeing someone truly enjoy an experience and smile and knowing you helped cause that.
- Also while are in a generous mood, I would love to do something charitable to help the area that I love or someone/some business in the area who has helped the area and others as well. I have chipped in a few dollars here and there for charity over the years but as mentioned in my last item, I would love to be a part of making someone feel appreciated for their hard work.
- And last but certainly not least (since these are in no particular order by any means), I would love to have a family reunion of sorts with all of my family up in Syracuse and my family down here somewhere in Syracuse. We seem to only be able to get together for weddings and funerals and even then, it seems scattered. It would be great to just once have us altogether enjoying the day with no stress, no drama and just a lot of laughs. I don’t care if it is at Tully’s, Green Lakes or my grandmother’s backyard. I don’t care about who pissed off who, what we eat (though Hoffman’s, ring salad, salt potatoes and Labatt’s Blue would be awesome) or anything else but it would be so great having everyone possible together for one day to enjoy each other before going back to the grind of life.OK so part of me is selfish in that I would enjoy showing off my granddaughter (and daughter too, though she has met just about all of my family already) to my family but part of me also realizes that family members who I adore and love that have left this Earth never got that chance so I would love to share the love we once had as a family with the next generation.
Thank is all I have. Some may be obvious, some may be “how the heck have you never done that” and some may be emotional but that is my list…for now. What is on your Syracuse bucket list?